PokerRoad Forums PokerRoad

Go Back   PokerRoad Forums > PokerTalk > Member's Blogs

Member's Blogs Post your stories or links to your blogs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2010, 03:13 AM
PokerRoad Junkie

Default Listening Speaking

Yeah, like that's an unusual occurrence.

~~

Listening's Razz Blog is what I'm "pimping" I guess. Though it is not monetized, so not sure how I get paid. I have to say I am starting out badly, inspired to start this to share my last post, which I just put up, about the dumbest serious Razz advice I ever read. I was laughing so hard while reading I had to stop. Anyway, click above if curious, I included most of it, but follow the link in the blog for the real thing.

It might get better.

~~

I'm being negative right off, I keep saying I'm going to stop but THEY MADE ME DO IT!!!

After I finally finish this Razz book I am writing, I'd decided to put the "About the Author" right here. I talk a lot but haven't said too much about me, except in a metaphysics kinda forum on 2p2 where I was told on several occasions to seek mental health assistance.

Too late!

Being an old broad with a couple toes at the edge of the grave might be why I thought I'd pick some place and leave my story. I like it here. And no one has to read it. I still get to talk.

So, post-book, around October end, I'll meander back this way and fill the pages with night terrors and outraged nuns and sex in the 60's. It will be, by definition:

TMI

...with poetry... Yikes!

You may want to start avoiding this thread now and beat the rush.

Prayin' for youse gize as always,

Lis~

TT once threatened to ban me because I told someone in a PM I was praying for them. True story!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on FacebookReddit!
Old 09-14-2010, 02:11 PM
PokerRoad Junkie

Gl with your book! See you soon.
]-[
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on FacebookReddit!
Old 10-03-2010, 03:26 AM
PokerRoad Junkie

Default An Open Letter to Thuy

This link will take you to Thuy's last blog entry here on PR. I wasn't going to post in here for a few weeks, but I have something I want to say, too long as usual for a comment, may be controversial for some. I didn't want to start anything, just say something to Thuy about something she wrote in her blog:

Quote:
It’s not death itself that breaks my heart but loss of potential to do great things.
Thuy, I have no idea how this will turn out as far as becoming cancer-free someday or passing relatively young. But I am almost 61 years old, and as much a cranky old curmudgeon as I am getting to be, I know something I'd like to share with you:

You will never lose your potential to do great things. Ever. Live here in Time or on the Other Side, and you will, indeed, have the opportunity for greatness.

Especially you. What we know about you either by personal contact or by witness of those who know you: you are of great spirit. People like you often leave this world early and move on to do those great things. And, people like you are often beset here by enormous challenges that lead to the doing of great things here, and the strengthening of spirit that prepares them for the important tasks waiting for them.

We think doing a great thing could be - I dunno, being the first woman to win the WSOP ME. We are small thinkers. Because it doesn't occur to us how something like that is dwarfed by the enormous greatness of courage in the face of a lifetime of struggle, threat of death. It is the process of you, Thuy, and not anyone else, going through your life this day, the next hour, the next year, making your choices for love and hope even when you feel despair and rage that is truly Greatness on a Cosmic scale we cannot even imagine.

And it matters. That is an energy for light and hope that permeates the world.

It isn't that you will ever lose any chance, I promise. It is that you, like all of us, have the potential for greatness right this moment and every moment. And whether your body stops soon or in the more distant future, you and your potential will always be.

God bless you abundantly, Thuy,

maggie

Last edited by listening; 10-03-2022 at 04:49 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:01 AM
PokerRoad Degenerate

Send a message via AIM to rrumsey

great post listening!

Check Out The Rabbit Hunt! Cardrunners | Twitter
Check out updates to the podcast in the "Members Blog" section of the forum...or else

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Greenstein View Post
On the kindler, gentler forums here at PokerRoad, it is against our policy to wish a horrible death on anyone of our members. The most you can hope for is that they are maimed and badly disfigured.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Beginning Poster

This is a only a test!